They are used for so many different purposes, not just in the kitchen but throughout your home. Your Curver products are surely your best friends and this is a good reason to look after them properly, so that they still look new and shiny year after year. Instructions on looking after them:
Cleaning them on a day to day basis
- All our food containers and kitchen accessories are dishwasher safe and have the appropriate symbol displayed on them. Always put your Curver products in the top basket of the machine, away from heating elements.
- They can also be hand washed in cold or warm water. Use a sponge or a soft cloth and avoid using any type of abrasive (scourers or steel wool) as this may scratch the surface of the plastic.
- Use a product specifically designed for washing dishes or just soap and water.
- If stains persist? Some foods which are naturally high in colour (carrots, tomatoes, spices …) can temporarily stain the plastic. Wash your food boxes with cold water, leave them in sunlight for a few hours if possible and then put them through the dishwasher.
- Has something been left in the back of the fridge? You can completely eradicate any smell with a soft cloth and diluted vinegar.
Here is an easy way to make your own washing up liquid:
- Grate a small amount of soap and put the flakes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of soda crystals, 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and 1 teaspoon of black soap (optional).
- Dissolve this mixture in ¾ litre of boiling water, stir it and leave it to stand for a few hours.
- Add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice and then pour your mixture into a bottle with a neck wide enough for you to stir your detergent if it solidifies – and it’s ready!